Thursday 21 May 2015

First Raised Beds

Its beginning to look like an allotment now rather than a large soggy field.



Allotments starting to look like proper allotments now that the sheds are all in situ, 
Greenhouses should be arriving on the plots this week and next.
Took delivery of my first raised beds which I bought from a very nice chap on eBay (Link to Nice Chap).  

They look Fantastic and make our allotment look great too.  Just need to fill up with soil, add a netting cage to top and then I can finally get planting my lovely salad selection - Lots of lovely lettuces, beets, chard, carrots, spring onions to name a few.  

Each bed is 4 ft x 2 ft so nice size. 


Ideal height too for our youngest daughter to get involved and less bending for me and my back.  


4ft x 2ft Raised beds

Radish Mooli Mino Early


Radish Scarlet Globe Seeds


Dill

Broad Beans doing brilliantly

I think this is finally my Comfrey growing - Hope so !

Beetroots hanging in there - not many coming up - planning to sow some multi coloured ones in my salad beds

Perpetual Spinach starting to shoot up - thinning needed


Carrots 

Purple Sprouting
Broccoli

Brassica survived last three days of torrential rain

Carrots

Sorrel

Love my Raised Beds

Coriander



I think this is my next purchase - lots of plants and ideal for the more delicate ones before they go outside in the sunshine - hopefully not too long until we get lots of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please share your tips.